Zitat MIR
If you get a crash or other severe problems, start WIC with "wic.exe -debug"
- right click on your desktop icon and choose Properties.
Add "-debug" in the target option (like this:
"C:\Program Files\Sierra Entertainment\World in Conflict - DEMO\wic.exe" -debug).
This will create a debug folder in your
My Documents\World in Conflict - DEMO folder.

Please send the files in this folder to demo@massive.se
(feel free to zip them first).

There are a few things you can check yourself first:
*Problem: Starting game on a 1360x768 TV, game defaults to 1280x720, TV says "Mode not supported."
Solution:
1. Open the file "<My Documents folder>\World in Conflict - DEMO\Game Options.txt" in notepad
2. Change (7th line): myWidth 1024
3. Change (8th line): myHeight 768
4. Save file.
5. The game should now start and you can change the resolution to any desired from the Options - Graphics dialog.
*Update your drivers.
*Make sure the World in Conflict - DEMO folder is in the My Documents folder.
*For Vista users: Go to Control Panel -> Problem Reports and Solutions. Click "View problem history". Look under the Windows tab to see if there
are any Video Hardware Errors from the same time as when you had problems with WiC.

Update 28/8:
We have a request from the tech team: Apparently some people crash, start the game again with -debug,
play a bit and then send the debug file (from a game session where the game didn't crash).
What we need is a debug.txt from when you have started the game with -debug and then crashed.
That way we will get the information we need to investigate properly.

Update 30/8:
We have managed to reproduce the "Craters video bug" on ATI cards, so we are working on a fix.
Nvidia has been informed about the driver crashes, and they have managed to reproduce the error.
Someone mentioned Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller - unfortunately this
doesn't support pixel shaders and there is nothing we can do about that.

Thanks for your help!